February 2, 2018
NAKIVO Backup & Replication Basic Edition: All You Need to Know
Missed on our 2017 Q4 promo? Don’t worry – we’re extending it through Q1 of this year! This means that you can still get up to 2 licenses of NAKIVO Backup & Replication Basic Edition at only $99 per socket.
What is NAKIVO Backup & Replication Basic Edition?
The new Basic Edition offers all the core features of NAKIVO Backup & Replication along with outstanding support and the ability to upgrade as your needs grow. It is the perfect choice for companies with a small virtual infrastructure that need reliable protection for their VMs without spending way too much money.
Despite its modest price, the Basic Edition of NAKIVO Backup & Replication includes a wide range of features to protect your VMware, Hyper-V, or AWS virtual infrastructure:
- Flexible deployment options. The Basic Edition can be installed on Windows or Linux or deployed as a pre-configured VMware VA or AWS AMI just in under 1 minute.
- Native, image-based, application-aware backups for VMware and Hyper-V VMs and AWS EC2 instances. NAKIVO Backup & Replication uses the incremental approach to VM backup; the product takes advantage of native technologies (Changed Block Tracking for VMware VMs and Resilient Change Tracking for Hyper-V VMs) to track changes in data blocks. Only those data blocks that were changed get transferred during backup jobs, resulting in less storage space occupied.
- Ability to create a versatile NAS-based VM backup appliance. NAKIVO Backup & Replication Basic Edition can be installed directly on QNAP, ASUSTOR, Synology, and Western Digital Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices. By doing this, you will get a smart all-in-one solution that can help you double your VM backup speed, separate backups from the rest of your infrastructure, offload the production environment from backup workloads, and achieve higher reliability of your backup infrastructure.
- LAN-free data transfer. Direct SAN Access and Hot Add features dramatically improve the speed of your VM backup and recovery jobs, while reducing the load on your network.
- Global data deduplication and full synthetic data storage. Before being saved to a backup repository, identical data blocks (duplicates) are deleted and replaced with references to the existing ones. Therefore, instead of multiplying identical data blocks in a repository, a single data block can be referenced multiple times. Such references are then used to perform recovery. The combination of data deduplication and synthetic storage reduces the storage space needed for your backups and related costs.
- Fast and consistent recovery of VMware and Hyper-V VMs and AWS EC2 instances.
- Convenient management of all VM backup and recovery jobs with easy scheduling.
- 1 year of NAKIVO’s outstanding technical support and upgrades.
Download our free White Paper: "21 Reasons Why NAKIVO is Better than Legacy Backup"
The Top 3 Benefits of NAKIVO Backup & Replication Basic Edition
- At only $99 per socket, the Basic Edition is one of the most affordable solutions for VM backup and recovery offered in the industry.
- Without high costs, you get reliable protection for your VMs and enjoy additional benefits such as reduced data storage and high backup performance.
- As the needs of your company grow, you will be able to switch to one of the Pro or Enterprise editions for even better protection and advanced features.
The new NAKIVO Backup & Replication Basic Edition is an ideal option for small companies that don’t need overpriced enterprise-level solutions to protect their VMs. Priced at just $99 per socket, this edition comes with a set of the core features available in Pro and Enterprise editions.
The Basic Edition is not a permanent offer and is only available as part of a limited-time promotion. Download it today and ensure reliable protection for your virtual infrastructure at an incredibly affordable price.