Enhance your multi-platform management with Cross-Platform Recovery. The feature enables you to export backups in different virtual disk formats for a variety of purposes. Use exported backup files to seamlessly recover VMs across different hypervisors or use backups to recover physical machines as VMware vSphere VMs.
Cross-Platform Recovery in
NAKIVO Backup & Replication
Seamless Backup Export
Export backups of VMware vSphere VMs, Microsoft Hyper-V VMs, Amazon EC2 instances and Linux/Windows physical machines in any of three virtual disk formats:
• VMDK for VMware vSphere VM disks
• VHD for Microsoft Hyper-V VM disks
• VHDX for Microsoft Hyper-V VM disks
• VMDK for EC2 instance disks
You can then mount these files in a VM on an ESXi or Hyper-V host. Backup export provides a flexible and seamless recovery option for mixed IT environments to ensure uninterrupted workflows and productivity.
Multiple Use Case Scenarios
Backup Export is a versatile feature that allows you to:
• Switch between platforms and recover VMs across hypervisors or convert physical machines into VMs
• Comply with regulatory requirements by storing exported backup files offsite for long-term data archival
• Perform testing in multiple environments to ensure that backup data can be recovered across platforms without incompatibility issues
Flexible Migration Options
Recover exported backups on different platforms for seamless cross-platform migration:
• Convert Linux/Windows physical machines into VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
• Convert VMware vSphere VMs into Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
• Convert Microsoft Hyper-V VMs into VMware vSphere VMs.
Need Help?NAKIVO’s Support Team is always here to help if you encounter any issues. If you need assistance:
- Give us a call
Americas: +1 702 605 4495
Europe: +44 207 193 1230
Asia: +886 2 2656 5927
- Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us via the chat in the product interface
- Browse the online knowledge base, anytime and anywhere
NAKIVO ForumNAKIVO Community Forum is a valuable information resource where you can:
- Share your ideas with tech experts and fellow users
- Discuss the latest news and upcoming product releases
- Ask and answer questions about NAKIVO Backup & Replication
- Learn more about the software capabilities