Enhance your multi-platform management with Cross-Platform Recovery. The feature enables you to export backups in different virtual disk formats for a variety of purposes. Use exported backup files to seamlessly recover VMs across different hypervisors or use backups to recover physical machines as VMs.
Leading Brands Trust NAKIVO
Export backups in virtual disk formats for migration across platforms
Recover vSphere VMs as Hyper-V VMs and vice versa in mixed virtual environments
Recover physical Linux and Windows machines from backups as VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V VMs
Cross-Platform Recovery in NAKIVO Backup & Replication
Seamless Backup Export
Export backups of VMware vSphere VMs, Microsoft Hyper-V VMs, Amazon EC2 instances and Linux/Windows physical machines in any of three virtual disk formats:
- VMDK for VMware vSphere VM disks
- VHD for Microsoft Hyper-V VM disks
- VHDX for Microsoft Hyper-V VM disks
- VMDK for EC2 instance disks
You can then mount these files in a VM on an ESXi or Hyper-V host. Backup export provides a flexible and seamless recovery option for mixed IT environments to ensure uninterrupted workflows and productivity.
Flexible Migration Options
Recover exported backups on different platforms for seamless cross-platform migration:
- Convert Linux/Windows physical machines into VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
- Convert VMware vSphere VMs into Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
- Convert Microsoft Hyper-V VMs into VMware vSphere VMs.
Multiple Use Case Scenarios
Backup Export is a versatile feature that allows you to:
- Switch between platforms and recover VMs across hypervisors or convert physical machines into VMs
- Comply with regulatory requirements by storing exported backup files offsite for long-term data archival
- Perform testing in multiple environments to ensure that backup data can be recovered across platforms without incompatibility issues