Backup to Backblaze B2 with NAKIVO
Send backups of VMs and physical machines to BackBlaze B2 using the backup and recovery solution from NAKIVO. Backblaze B2 is a secure, scalable and affordable cloud storage platform.
✓ Direct incremental backups to cloud
✓ Instant full and granular recovery
✓ Immutable backups
✓ Workflow automation
✓ Perpetual and subscription licenses
Key Benefits of Backup to Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
Direct Backups to Backblaze B2
Seamless Backup Tiering
Store backups onsite for quick recovery and send backup copies to cloud storage like Backblaze B2 to ensure data recoverability if the primary backup is not available. The job chaining feature allows you to automatically create backup copies and send them to different offsite repositories.
Robust Ransomware Protection
Make backups stored in Backblaze B2 immutable to prevent modification or encryption by ransomware. Backup immutability uses the write-once-read-many (WORM) technology to lock recovery points for a specified period and cannot be lifted or shortened by any user.
Automate your data protection activities to avoid retention policy gaps and reduce manual tasks. Create custom schedules that fit your business requirements using the Calendar dashboard. Set rules with the Policy-Based Data Protection functionality to automatically protect machines that match your selected criteria.
Multiple Recovery Options
With the NAKIVO solution, you can choose the recovery option that best suits your needs:
Optimized Storage Space
Reduce storage consumption by performing incremental backups with native or NAKIVO proprietary tracking technologies to copy only the changed blocks of data. Further decrease the size of your backups with built-in compression.
NAKIVO Pricing for Backblaze B2 Cloud Backup
Subscription for all infrastructures starts at $3.17 per workload/month
Start sending data backups to Backblaze B2 by purchasing either a perpetual or a subscription license for NAKIVO Backup & Replication.
- Charged per CPU socket for VMs and per physical machine
- 1 year of free Standard Support during business hours
- Charged per workload: 1 VM, 1 Amazon EC2 instance, 1 physical server or 3 workstations
- 24/7 technical support
From more details, check the Pricing and Editions page.
Start Your 15-Day Free Trial with Unlimited Data Protection
No feature limitations. No credit card required.
- Robust data protection for virtual, cloud, physical, SaaS and mixed environments.
- Fast deployment on Linux/Windows, on NAS or as a VA or AWS AMI.
- Backups locally or offsite to cloud, tape and NAS.
- Instant verification of backups and replicas.
- Flexible recovery of entire VMs, physical machines, files and application objects to original or different locations.
- Platform migration using cross-platform or instant physical-to-virtual recoveries.
- Disaster recovery orchestration for various disaster scenarios.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I store my backups in Backblaze B2?
Backblaze B2 is a scalable and cost-efficient S3-compatible object storage in the cloud. Data stored in Backblaze B2 is quickly accessible from anywhere. You can use Backblaze B2 for long-term archiving without paying additional fees for unused capacity.
How can I protect my backups in the cloud?
Backups stored in Backblaze B2 can be made immutable using the write-once-read-many (WORM) model. Immutability prevents encryption or modification by ransomware infections. Additionally, you can apply role-based access controls (RBAC) to restrict unauthorized users from carrying out operations with backup data.
What are the available recovery options?
NAKIVO Backup & Replication offers different recovery options:
- Full recovery: Instantly boot full VMs directly from Backblaze B2 backups.
- Granular recovery: Restore individual files and app objects (Microsoft Exchange Server, Active Directory and SQL Server) to original or custom locations.
- Platform migration: Recover physical Linux/Windows servers and workstations as VMware vSphere VMs with instant P2V Recovery.
Can I try NAKIVO Backup & Replication for free?
Need Help?NAKIVO’s Support Team is always here to help if you encounter any issues. If you need assistance:
- Give us a call
Americas: +1 702 605 4495
Europe: +44 207 193 1230
Asia: +886 2 2656 5927
- Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us via the chat in the product interface
- Browse the online knowledge base, anytime and anywhere
NAKIVO ForumNAKIVO Community Forum is a valuable information resource where you can:
- Share your ideas with tech experts and fellow users
- Discuss the latest news and upcoming product releases
- Ask and answer questions about NAKIVO Backup & Replication
- Learn more about the software capabilities