Why Choose NAKIVO
Customers choose NAKIVO Backup & Replication for the advanced feature set, superior performance and highly-rated technical support team.
- Trusted by organizations with strict cybersecurity standards
- One platform for all data protection needs
- Fraction of the cost of competitors
Top 3 Reasons
to Choose NAKIVO vs. Competitors
- Instant recovery for anything
- Better performance on NAS
- Perpetual licensing
- Trade-in savings
- Recognized by industry analysts
- 98% satisfaction with support
an Honorable Mention
2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant TM
for Enterprise Backup and Recovery Solutions
NAKIVO vs. the Competition
Achieve better performance, reliability and administration
Other Backup Vendors
Deploy where you need
- Installation on Windows and Linux including Ubuntu, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Deployment as a virtual appliance in VMware vSphere/Nutanix AHV or as an AWS AMI with a built-in immutable backup repository
- Installation on NAS devices from different vendors to create a backup appliance that combines hardware, software, storage, deduplication and backup to cloud
- No installation of any plug-ins, extra components or additional modules for specific operations
Limited deployment options
- Very few vendors provide deployment as a pre-configured virtual appliance (VA).
- Competitor solutions cannot be installed on NAS, and you cannot create an integrated NAS-based backup appliance.
- Require additional components and modules to perform certain basic operations
Backup to Cloud and Immutability
Advanced cloud integrations
- Direct backups to public cloud storage like Amazon S3, Azure Blob, Wasabi and Backblaze B2
- Integration with various S3-compatible platforms such as Cloudian, MinIO, DigitalOcean and more
- Immutable backups in local Linux-based repositories, public cloud storage and other S3-compatible storage platforms to protect recovery points from ransomware, deletion or modification
No direct backup to cloud
- Most competitor solutions only offer backup copy to cloud and require complicated configuration steps.
- This functionality does not always support immutability and ransomware protection.
- Limited range of supported cloud storage platforms — you might not find the option that best suits your requirements or budget.
Everything you need in one solution
- Integrated data protection functionality
- Built-in backup for Microsoft 365 to protect Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online and Teams
- Built-in Site Recovery for DR orchestration and automation including non-disruptive recovery testing, including for Amazon EC2
- Built-in Monitoring for VMware to keep an eye on CPU, memory and disk usage in real time
Lack of centralized data protection
- Data protection for SaaS is offered as a separate solution that cannot be integrated into a single view of all your data protection activities.
- Disaster recovery orchestration mostly available as a separate solution.
- No other vendor offers replication and disaster recovery for Amazon EC2.
Ease of Use and Automation
Spend less time on administration
- Web-based intuitive interface to access the solution from anywhere and on any device
- Calendar dashboard to view and schedule all data protection workflows and avoid overlaps
- Policy-based automation to streamline activities by automatically performing backup and replication on machines that match policy rules
Complex and time-consuming
- No centralized web interface with tools that simplify data protection planning and automation.
Access and Security
More secure access
- Two-Factor Authentication to prevent unauthorized access to the solution
- Granular access with flexible role-based access controls (RBAC): both predefined roles and the ability to customize roles and permissions
Limited security controls
- Other vendors do not always offer all administration and security features as part of the solution.
- Most vendors only offer predefined roles for access without any flexibility to customize permissions.
Costs up to 50% less
- Perpetual licensing for indefinite access with only one payment
- Best value for the same set of features with up to 50% savings
- Exclusive discounts for trade-ins
Expensive with high TCO
- Only subscription licenses available. Most vendors have discontinued perpetual licensing while organizations in certain sectors still rely on one-time payments.
- More expensive with little added value.
Small footprint – get started with minimal resources
- Installation without additional agents
- One of the lightest solutions on the market requiring only 2 cores and 4 GB RAM to run
- Deployment within minutes
Very high resource usage
- Some of the other solutions are relatively heavy and require substantial processing power to run smoothly.
- Multiple software agents may need to be installed before you can run your first job.
Our support team is always ready to help
- Live chat support right from the solution interface
- 24/7 technical and sales assistance
Inefficient and inconvenient
- Other vendors cannot match the 98% satisfaction rate with NAKIVO technical support services.
- They do not provide an easy way to reach support and submit requests and send support bundles.
It’s Easy to Switch to NAKIVO
- More affordable with trade-in prices
- Technical support team for an effortless transition
- Fast backup and recovery every time
More than 25,000+ Businesses
In 177 Countries Trust NAKIVO
100% backup success rate
“NAKIVO Backup & Replication saved our IT team nearly 90% of the time we spent on data protection versus our previous solution.”
System and Network Administrator
30% less time on backup administration
“We can now back up all our VMs, both the high IO ones (because the higher backup speed reduces the time it takes for a backup to complete) and the large archive nodes.”
7X faster backups
“I also came to the conclusion that NAKIVO Backup & Replication is faster than other products I have used and supports many different configurations.”
Senior IT Manager
40% cost reduction
“NAKIVO Backup & Replication just works and does not require much human intervention. We no longer spend hours on backup administration.”
Vice President of Technical and Customer Support
48X faster data verification
“We are now able to complete a full backup for 100 virtual machines in 12 hours and recover backup data within just a few hours.”
System Engineer of Network Technology Team
99% faster recovery
“We trust NAKIVO Backup & Replication and appreciate the pace with which the company comes out with different upgrades to the product.”