March 31, 2020
Keep Calm and Celebrate World Backup Day with NAKIVO
Every day can be backup day. But there’s one special date that reminds us of the importance of backing up all our critical information. That day is March 31, and it happens to be World Backup Day.
The idea for World Backup Day first came into existence in 2011, when a couple of concerned users posted on Reddit about the importance of backing up information. That post attracted a lot of attention from people and business owners all around the world. Today, the slogan is: Be prepared. Back up your files on March 31.
Why World Backup Day
Why celebrate World Backup Day? Because this event is a sobering reminder to people and businesses that data can be lost forever and that there’s something they can do about it.
Your data may be personal, like photos from when you were a child, or it may be business-related, like the critical data about a client’s transactions at a fintech company. In both cases, you can make sure that data is protected from accidental or malicious loss by backing it up regularly. With NAKIVO Backup & Replication you can have peace of mind that your data is always available and accessible.
A growing number of organizations are realizing how reliant they are on their data to keep their operations running uninterrupted. And with the constantly evolving threats to their data, these organizations are implementing data protection strategies that rely on backups, and they are choosing NAKIVO Backup & Replication as a reliable data protection solution for their physical, virtual and cloud environments.
How You Can Celebrate World Backup Day
How can we make this day special and different from other days throughout the year? You can start by optimizing your backup and recovery strategies. Here are some more ideas on celebrating World Backup Day this March 31:
- Make a pledge to back up. You can pledge to back up your data to your team or post about on social platforms: “I solemnly swear to back up my important documents and precious memories on March 31”. You can also share the story about what made you realize that regular backups were important and how you keep your data safe.
- Start backing up your data. If you are starting a business or you haven’t had time to create at least three copies of your critical information, World Backup Day is the best time to take the first step toward setting up a backup routine.
- Evaluate your current backup and recovery strategies. It’s a good opportunity to analyze whether your current data protection strategy is as efficient as you think it is. If it’s been some time since you’ve done this, start by evaluating the backup costs, the frequency of backups and the reliability of recovering all the data swiftly in case of an outage.
- Share the knowledge. Tell your partners, clients and everyone around you about this annual event and the importance of backups for individuals and businesses.
Best Backup Practices
At NAKIVO, we would like to share with you the top five backup best practices that you can start implementing today:
- Increase backup frequency. It may seem obvious, but it’s good to review and evaluate the backup and recovery strategy of your company at least once a year. It can be March 31 or any other day. Consider your RTO and RPO as the main metrics for measuring the efficiency of your backup strategy.
- Apply the 3-2-1 backup rule. It’s a great backup rule. It can be summed up as making sure to have 3 copies of your data, storing 2 copies on different types of storage media and sending 1 to an off-site repository. This practice can guarantee full data protection in case of accidental data corruption or loss. With the comprehensive feature set of NAKIVO Backup & Replication, you can easily follow the 3-2-1 backup rule to eliminate a single point of failure. You will be able to create multiple backup copies and automatically send them to tape, off-site or to public clouds.
- Send backup copies to the cloud. Having a copy of your backups in cloud storage can improve the safety of your data. You can scale up the storage size with just a few clicks and easily access the data you need in case your primary storage fails. With NAKIVO Backup & Replication, you can automate sending copies of your data to AWS or Azure to ensure the highest level of data protection.
- Automate the disaster recovery process. Having backups is not enough for maintaining a smooth workflow at your company in case of an outage. By planning, automating and orchestrating disaster recovery with the Site Recovery feature of NAKIVO Backup & Replication, you can be assured that critical data can be restored in the shortest time possible.
- Protect endpoints and SaaS software. Often, the only copy of your data is stored on a laptop, smartphone or PC in your office. In addition, with SaaS solutions, for example, Office 365, the information in the applications is not truly protected. It is your responsibility to back up all the data and track all the changes or updates in your infrastructure. NAKIVO Backup & Replication can protect your Office 365 data with robust backup and swift recovery of Exchange Online accounts and individual mailboxes.
Backup Statistics You Should Know About
The backup figures below show what you can lose if you don't follow the backup practices and fail to take care of your data protection.
Keep Calm and Back Up with NAKIVO Backup & Replication
What does World Backup Day mean for us? It’s a special date for NAKIVO – all around the world people and business owners are reminded of the need to back up all their important information. That’s why we invite you to join us in celebrating this special day with us. NAKIVO Backup & Replication is a reliable solution for protecting business data and applications. The software offers a comprehensive set of features for backup and recovery with an intuitive interface and at an unbeatable price. Use NAKIVO Backup & Replication to implement the industry’s backup best practices.