NAKIVO Backup & Replication v10.4 Beta
Download, try the new features and get a $20 Amazon eGift Card!
What’s New in v10.4 Beta?
Enable immutability for backups and backup copies sent to a Linux-based local repository. Even though immutable backups are protected from modification, deletion or encryption by malware, you can use them for recoveries when needed. Once set, the immutability period cannot be changed or lifted by anyone except superusers.
Enable two-factor authentication (2FA) for NAKIVO Backup & Replication to prevent unauthorized access to your data protection activities. 2FA adds an additional layer of security with codes generated via Google Authenticator, making it impossible to log in to the solution with only a password.
How to Claim Your
Amazon eGift Card
1. Download v10.4 Beta and proceed with 1 of the options below.
2. Send the support bundle to email@example.com
indicating the option you chose by July 30, 2021
3. Share your feedback by filling out a short survey.
Option 1: Immutable Repository
- Go to Settings > Repositories and click Add Backup Repository.
- For Type, choose Local Folder on a supported Linux OS (including a Linux-based NAS).
- On the Options page, choose Incremental with full backups as the data storage type.
- Then proceed to create a backup job with the new Backup Repository as the target. Go to Dashboard > Create, and choose the type of backup job you want to create.
- On the Retention page, select the Immutability option, and specify the duration for which the recovery point will be immutable.
- Run the job several times.
- Go to the physical folder of the Backup Repository (NakivoBackup). Remove some files.
- Go to Configuration > Repositories, and select the local Backup Repository. Then go to Manage > Repair to start the repair process.
- Once the repair process is completed, create a full recovery job (Dashboard > Recover). Select the latest recovery point, and run the recovery job.
- Once the recovery job is completed, log in to the recovered machine to verify that the removed files have been restored.
Option 2: Two-Factor Authentication
- Enable two-factor authentication (2FA) for a user. Once 2FA is enabled, the user can configure it.
- Log in using the code that appears in the Google Authenticator app.
- Log out.
- Log in using the code received via email.
Option 3: SharePoint Online Full Site Recovery
- Add a Microsoft 365 account to the inventory.
- Create a SaaS Backup Repository.
- Create a Microsoft 365 backup job for a SharePoint Online site.
- Run the job a few times, and make sure that the jobs are completed successfully without errors.
- In your Microsoft 365 account, delete a SharePoint Online site that was included in your backup.
- Go to Dashboard > Recover > Microsoft 365. Select the latest recovery point from the created SharePoint Online site backup. Choose the recovery account. Select the site that was deleted, and run the recovery job.
- Once recovery is completed, verify that the selected site and its contents have been recovered successfully.
About NAKIVO Backup & Replication
NAKIVO Backup & Replication is a fast, reliable and affordable solution for business data protection in virtual, physical, cloud and SaaS environments. The software offers a wide range of advanced features to increase backup performance, improve reliability and automate recovery processes, saving you time and money.
Install on Windows or Linux; deploy as a preconfigured VMware vSphere virtual appliance or Amazon Machine Image (AMI) in under 1 minute; install on NAS.
Higher Backup Speed
Incremental backup with CBT/RCT/CRT; LAN-free data transfer and network acceleration; up to 2 times better performance when installed on NAS.
Smaller Backup Size
Global backup deduplication; variable backup compression; truncation of SQL and Exchange logs.
One-click orchestrated failover, failback, and data center migration; non-disruptive disaster recovery testing.
Instant backup verification with screenshots of test-recovered VMs; copy backups offsite and to public clouds.
Instant recovery of VMs, files and application objects to the original location; cross-platform recovery; recovery of physical backups to virtual environments (P2V).
Backup Appliance Based on QNAP, Synology, ASUSTOR, Western Digital or NETGEAR NAS
Hyperconverged data protection and continuous data availability for SMB data centers and ROBO edge computing
NAKIVO is a US-based corporation dedicated to delivering the ultimate backup and site recovery solution. With 21 consecutive quarters of double-digit growth, 5-star online community reviews, 98% customer satisfaction with support, and more than 18,000 paid customers worldwide, NAKIVO provides an unprecedented level of protection for virtual, physical, cloud and SaaS environments.
Thousands of businesses across the world are choosing NAKIVO Backup & Replication for the wide range of features, affordable pricing and outstanding support.