Join the NAKIVO Backup &
Replication v10.10 Beta Program
Try the new Real-Time Replication for VMwareBETA and get a $75 Amazon eGift Card by completing the beta program requirements.
Try Beta v10.10
Fast | Affordable | Top Rated
What’s New in NAKIVO
Backup & Replication v10.10 Beta
Real-Time Replication for VMwareBETA
Near-zero downtime and data loss.
Create replicas of VMware vSphere VMs, including application data and configuration files, and keep them updated with the source VM as changes are made in real time. Achieve the shortest RTOs and RPOs of as low as 1 second.
Use the real-time replication functionality and failover to
- Ensure the availability of critical workloads and achieve zero downtime during a disaster or ransomware attack
- Minimize the cutover period and avoid the downtime associated with data migration
How to Claim Your
$75 Amazon eGift Card
1. Download v10.10 Beta and proceed with the steps in the section below.
3. Share your feedback by filling out a short survey.
Real-Time Replication for VMwareBETA
Before proceeding with configuring a real-time replication job for a VM, ensure that the following prerequisites for the source and target hosts are met:
Install the I/O Filter tool in the VMware host cluster (on the source host). For details, refer to the Installing I/O Filter page.
Note: To allow the I/O Filter to process the source VMs you want to replicate, create a VM storage policy and specify NAKIVO I/O filter as the provider within the policy. For details, refer to https://beta-helpcenter.nakivo.com/User-Guide/Content/Settings/Nodes/Configuring-Nodes/Installing-IO-Filter.htm#Creating.
1. Deploy a NAKIVO Backup & Replication node (Transporter) as a VMware vSphere Appliance on the target ESXi host for the replica VM. If the target host is part of a host cluster, deploy the Transporter on at least one host in the cluster. The replica and Transporter should be located on the same datastore(s) so that the Transporter can operate replica disks in Hot Add mode. For details, refer to the Deploying Transporter as VMware Appliance page.
2. To run real-time replication jobs to the target ESXi host, you need to install the Journal Service module on the VMware vSphere Appliance deployed in Step 1. For details, refer to the Installing the Journal Service page.
Create a VMware vSphere Real-Time Replication Job
- On the Jobs dashboard, click + > Real-Time Replication for VMwareBETA.
- The New Real-Time Replication VMwareBETA Job Wizard opens. Complete all the steps: Source, Destination, Networks, and Re-IP.
- On the Retention page, set the Journal history limit to 1 hour and, optionally, the Journal size limit to 1 GB.
- On the Options page, make sure the VMware vSphere Appliance node is chosen as the target transporter.
- Once you complete the wizard, run the Real-Time replication job.
- Wait until the initial real-time replication job run is completed. You will see an RPO value of 0 on the Virtual Machine widget.
- Add/change data on the source VM for 5 to 10 minutes until the RPO value exceeds 0 as shown in the Virtual Machines widget (under Manage).
- Create a Real-time replica failover job by clicking Recover > VMware Full Recovery > Real-Time Replica Failover Beta.
- On the Source page of the wizard, choose the recovery point you would like to revert the replica VM to.
- Run the failover job.
- After the job is completed, log in to the replica VM and verify that the changes made on the source VM are present on the replica VM.
About NAKIVO Backup & Replication
NAKIVO Backup & Replication is a fast, affordable and top-rated solution for business data protection and ransomware recovery in virtual, physical, cloud, NAS and SaaS environments. The software offers a wide range of advanced features to increase backup performance, improve reliability and automate recovery processes, saving you time and money.
All-in-One Data Protection
Protect VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV, Amazon EC2, Windows, Linux, Microsoft 365, CIFS/NFS file shares and Oracle Database.
Install on Linux, Windows and NAS (such as Synology and QNAP), or deploy as a VMware vSphere VA, Nutanix AHV VA or Amazon Machine Image (AMI).
Immutable backups protected from deletion and encryption by ransomware in the cloud (Amazon S3, Wasabi, Azure Blob, Backblaze B2), S3-compatible storage and local Linux-based repositories; air-gapped backups with offline storage and tape.
Backup Data Tiering
Store backups and backup copies onsite, in CIFS/NFS shares, offsite, in the cloud (Amazon S3, Wasabi, Azure Blob, Backblaze B2), in S3-compatible platforms, and on tape.
Instantly power on VMs from backups; P2V to restore physical machines as VMware VMs; instant granular recovery of files and application objects; direct recovery from tape.
Real-Time Replication for VMwareBETA, replication from backups and disaster recovery automation and orchestration as well as non-disruptive recovery testing with Site Recovery.
Monitor CPU, RAM and disk usage of VMware vSphere VMs, hosts and datastores to address resource shortages and resolve bottlenecks early.
Intuitive web interface; workflow automation via Job Chaining and Policy-Based Data Protection; Active Directory integration; overview dashboard; Calendar view; and more.
Free demos and deployment sessions to get started with NAKIVO Backup & Replication. 24/7 tech support to ensure the strictest SLAs.
Flexible pricing model with both subscription and perpetual licenses. Starting at $29 per workload/year or $229 per socket.
Backup Appliance Based on QNAP, Synology, ASUSTOR, Western Digital or NETGEAR NAS
Hyperconverged data protection and continuous data availability for SMB data centers and ROBO edge computing.
NAKIVO is a US-based corporation dedicated to delivering the ultimate backup, ransomware protection and disaster recovery solution for virtual, physical, cloud and SaaS environments. Over 26,000 customers in 180 countries trust NAKIVO with protecting their data, including major companies like Coca-Cola, Honda, Siemens and Cisco.