NAKIVO Nearly Doubles Revenue and Customers in Q1 2016
NAKIVO accelerates its growth rate in the VMware and Amazon EC2 backup market with 96% revenue growth and 98% customer growth in Q1 2016 vs. Q1 2015.
Campbell, CA, United States — April 18, 2016
NAKIVO Inc., one of the fastest-growing virtualization and cloud backup software companies for VMware and Amazon AWS environments, today announced another record quarter of growth since launching NAKIVO Backup & Replication in 2012. Named to "Top 20 coolest Cloud Computing Vendors of 2016" by CRN, NAKIVO is delivering a new way for cloud providers, enterprises, and SMBs to back up and replicate their VMware and AWS environments onsite, offsite, and to private/public clouds more reliably, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
Revenue: NAKIVO accelerates its growth rate in the VMware and Amazon EC2 backup market with 96% revenue growth for Q1 2016 vs. Q1 2015. Most of the revenue (49%) came from the EMEA region, while 13% came from Asia-Pacific, and 38% came from the Americas.
Customers: As of Q1 2016, over 13,000 companies are using NAKIVO Backup & Replication to protect and recover their data more efficiently and cost-effectively. In Q1 2016, NAKVIO has gained 98% more customers than in Q1 2015. Most of the new customers came from the EMEA region (58%), while 8% came from Asia-Pacific, and another 33% came from the Americas. The top three revenue producing countries were United States, Germany and Taiwan. With new customer orders in Q1, NAKIVO expanded into Jamaica, Liechtenstein, Thailand, and United Arab Emirates for the first time.
Resellers: In Q1 2016, over 100 solution providers joined NAKIVO Partner Program and now offer NAKIVO products to their enterprise and SMB customers. NAKIVO now has over 1,100 software solution providers in 119 countries across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Middle-East, and Asia-Pacific.
Cloud Providers: NAKIVO's Cloud Provider Program enables managed services, cloud, and hosting providers to introduce Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS), Replication-as-a-Service (RaaS), and Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) to their clients. In Q1 2016, NAKIVO has increased the number of qualified Cloud Providers to 120.
Product Releases: NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6 has been released in Q1 adding:
- Industry-first native backup for Amazon EC2 instances
- Support for VMware and Amazon Cloud environments in the single pane of glass
- Support for live applications and databases of Windows-based and Linux-based Amazon EC2 instances
- Scheduled, forever incremental backup of EC2 instances to a backup repository which can be located anywhere: in the same Amazon region, in a different Amazon region, or in a local office
- Backup Copy jobs for both VMware and EC2 environments
- Global data deduplication and compression for EC2 Instances
- Instant file and application objects recovery, full instance recovery to any region
- Native EC2 instance replication to the same region or cross regions for disaster recovery
Company: NAKIVO’s explosive growth rate and exceptional product offering in the VMware data protection and cloud backup market has been acknowledged by Storage Newsletter as one of the fastest growing storage companies in 2015.
"We are excited with our revenue growth rate approaching 2X and with our overall global expansion in Q1, as more and more SMBs, enterprises, and cloud providers adopt NAKIVO Backup & Replication for VMware and Amazon AWS," said Bruce Talley, CEO and co-founder of NAKIVO.
- Features for VMware: /vmware-backup/
- Features for AWS EC2: /aws-ec2-instance-backup/
- Success Stories: /customers/success-stories/
- Trial Download: /resources/download/trial-download/
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, NAKIVO Inc. is a privately-held company founded in 2012. NAKIVO develops a fast, reliable, and affordable data protection solution for VMware and Amazon Cloud environments. As of Q1 2016, over 13,000 companies are using NAKIVO Backup & Replication to protect and recover their data more efficiently and cost-effectively. Also, over 100 hosting, managed, and cloud services providers are using NAKIVO to deliver VM BaaS, and DRaaS to their customers. NAKIVO has over 1,000 channel partners in 112 countries worldwide. Visit www.nakivo.com.
Contact: Yana Petrenko, MarCom Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org / +1 408 916 5955