NAKIVO Backup & Replication v10.5 Beta
Download, try the new features and get a $20 Amazon eGift Card!
What’s New in v10.5 Beta?
Keep your data safe and your environment healthy
Gain complete visibility into the performance and health of your VMware vSphere infrastructure. Using a single dashboard, monitor CPU, RAM and disk usage of your VMware vSphere hosts and VMs, as well as disk usage of your VMware vSphere datastores. The dashboard provides both real-time and historical data allowing you to analyze performance trends, investigate performance issues and anticipate future processing and storage needs.
Hardened Virtual Appliance
Hardened Virtual Appliance (VA) offers a simple way to deploy NAKIVO Backup & Replication and protect data against ransomware. Deploy the solution as a pre-configured VA running Ubuntu Server and protect your backup data from deletion and encryption by ransomware. Backups sent to a repository deployed as part of the VA can be made immutable for a specified period of time. Not even a superuser can modify or delete backups or lift immutability.
How to Claim Your
Amazon eGift Card
1. Download v10.5 Beta and proceed with one of the options below.
2. Send the support bundle indicating the option you chose
to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 14, 2021.
3. Share your feedback by filling out a short survey.
- Add VMware vCenter or ESXI to Inventory in NAKIVO Backup & Replication.
- Go to the Monitoring dashboard.
- Add your VMware vCenter or ESXI to the Monitored Items List and save the tree.
- Allow at least 1 hour for data collection.
- Select ESXI from the Monitored Items Tree and verify that:
a. The pie charts display correct data for ESXI CPU and RAM
b. There are eleven 5-minute intervals on ESXI CPU and RAM line charts
- Select a VM from the Monitored Items Tree and verify that:
a. The pie charts display correct data for VM CPU, RAM, and disk space usage.
b. There are eleven 5-minute intervals on VM CPU, RAM, and Disk usage line charts.
- Select a datastore from the Monitored Items Tree and verify that:
a. The pie charts display correct data for datastore disk usage.
b. There are eleven 5-minute intervals on VM disk usage line chart.
- Power off a VM, update Inventory and verify that:
a. No data is displayed for VM CPU, RAM, and disk usage pie charts as they are real-time charts that should be updated every 1 minute.
b. The information about VM CPU, RAM, and disk usage is correct in the line charts for the last hour.
Option 2: Hardened Virtual Appliance (VA) for Immutable Repository
- Deploy NAKIVO Backup & Replication as a new VMware VA, Nutanix VA or Amazon Machine Image. Choose full-solution, multi-tenant or Transporter-only deployment.
- Check that the OS version is Ubuntu Server 20.04.
- Check actions as below:
ssh to new port: 2221
ssh fail attempt to be locked
/tmp /var/tmp is secured
show shared memory is secured
show root is disabled
- Create a VMware vSphere backup job to the Backup Repository that was created by the VA Transporter.
- At the Retention step, select the checkbox to make recovery points immutable and specify the period for immutability.
- Run the backup job and verify that it has been successfully completed.
- Go to the physical folder of the Backup Repository (NakivoBackup). Remove some files.
- Go to Configuration > Repositories, and select the local Backup Repository. Then go to Manage > Repair to start the repair process.
- Once the repair process is completed, create a full recovery job (Dashboard > Recover). Select the latest recovery point, and run the recovery job.
- Once the recovery job is completed, log in to the recovered machine to verify that the removed files have been restored.
- Go to the Backup Repository. Verify that the immutable flag cannot be lifted by nkvuser.
Option 3: Backup for Microsoft 365: Auto Set Permissions
- In the Microsoft 365 admin center, verify that your Microsoft 365 account has Global Admin and SharePoint Admin roles.
- In NAKIVO Backup & Replication, go to Settings > Add (+) > SaaS > Next.
- Fill out all required fields and select all services on the Services screen. Click Next.
- On the Configuration screen, select Automatically register a new Azure AD application. On the Authentication screen, specify an application name, copy the provided code and click https://microsoft.com/devicelogin
- On the Microsoft confirmation tab enter the code from the Authentication screen and click Next. Log in to a Microsoft account to register it as a new Azure application. Return to the Authentication screen and wait for the account to be authenticated. Click Finish.
- The account is registered as a new application in Azure, important information about the new account is downloaded as a .txt file and the new Microsoft 365 account is displayed in the Inventory in NAKIVO Backup & Replication.
- Create backup jobs for Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online. Run the backup jobs and make sure backups have successfully been created.
- Recover emails, contacts, calendar items, files, folders, lists, list items, document libraries or sites successfully to the original or a different location.
About NAKIVO Backup & Replication
NAKIVO Backup & Replication is a fast, reliable and affordable solution for business data protection and ransomware recovery in virtual, physical, cloud and SaaS environments. The software offers a wide range of advanced features to increase backup performance, improve reliability and automate recovery processes, saving you time and money.
Install on Windows or Linux; deploy as a preconfigured VMware vSphere virtual appliance or Amazon Machine Image in under 1 minute; install on NAS.
Apply the 3-2-1 backup strategy; use immutable repositories in local Linux-based storage or in Amazon S3 (with S3 Object lock); send backups to tape.
Multiple Backup Targets
Send backups to CIFS/NFS, to local storage, offsite, to cloud (Amazon S3, Wasabi) and to tape.
Instant recovery of VMs, files and application objects; cross-platform recovery; recovery of physical backups to virtual environments (P2V).
Higher Backup Speed
Incremental backup with CBT/RCT/CRT; LAN-free data transfer and network acceleration; up to 2 times better performance when installed on NAS.
Smaller Backup Size
Global backup deduplication; variable backup compression; truncation of SQL and Exchange logs.
Instant backup and replica verification with screenshots of test-recovered VMs.
One-click orchestrated failover, failback, and data center migration; non-disruptive disaster recovery testing.
Backup Appliance Based on QNAP, Synology, ASUSTOR, Western Digital or NETGEAR NAS
Hyperconverged data protection and continuous data availability for SMB data centers and ROBO edge computing
NAKIVO is a US-based corporation dedicated to delivering the ultimate backup, ransomware protection and disaster recovery solution for virtual, physical, cloud and SaaS environments. As one of the fastest-growing backup and ransomware recovery software vendors in the industry, NAKIVO boasts 22 consecutive quarters of double-digit growth, 5-star online community reviews, 98% customer satisfaction with support and a network of over 6,000 partners worldwide. Over 19,000 customers in 158 countries trust NAKIVO with protecting their data, including major companies like Coca-Cola, Honda, Siemens and Cisco.