NAKIVO Reports Annual Results and Revenue Growth of 800%
NAKIVO maintains an explosive growth rate in the VM data protection market and reveals annual revenue, partners, and customer details for 2013.
Campbell, CA, United States — January 28, 2014
NAKIVO Inc., the leading VM data protection software provider, today announced 2013 results and record-breaking quarterly revenue results. Being the youngest company to be named an "Emerging Vendor 2013" by CRN, NAKIVO by far outpaces its competition in terms of revenue, channel, and customer adoption growth. In 2013, NAKIVO has achieved the following:
- Being profitable since founding in 2012, NAKIVO has more than doubled revenue again in Q4 versus Q3, demonstrating rapid customer adoption and its fast pace growth in the VM data protection market.
- Compared to Q4 2012, NAKIVO’s revenue in Q4 2013 has grown by an incredible 800% with the help of new Solution and Cloud Provider Partners, making NAKIVO one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry.
- Aiming to be 100% channel-based, NAKIVO has increased its Partner Program to over 350 resellers in 55 countries across the Americas, Europe, Africa, Middle-East, and Asia.
- NAKIVO has further strengthened its global presence by signing up distribution agreements with the leading software distributors across the globe, including: Lifeboat Distribution (United States), Alltron (Switzerland), αVad (Greece), Bakotech (Czech Republic), E-Data Technology (Turkey), Zero One Technology (Taiwan), MPA (Australia), and Softline (CIS Region).
- Introduced Cloud Provider Program with per-VM Licensing to enable Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS), Replication-as-a-Service (RaaS), and Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) for Managed Services, Cloud, and Hosting Providers.
- Added 12 companies to its Cloud Provider Program.
- Enabled UPM - a leading IT service provider for SMBs in Santiago, Chile - to save 50% of the data protection budget, along with increasing backup and replication speed by 30%, and reducing time for configuring and managing data protection by 10X.
- Enabled RvO - a leading cloud services provider in Europe - to reduce its VM Backup-as-a-Service costs by 40%.
- Helped Host Ventura - a Cloud Provider in Bulgaria - to reduce client ESXi backup time by 30%.
- Enabled Fifth Factor Technologies to deliver cloud-based Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service.
- Has grown customer base to over 1,500 customers across the US, South America, Europe, Africa, Middle-East, and Asia.
- Expanded beyond the United States with more than 74% of its new customers in Europe, Australia, and Africa.
- Gained 10% of its new customers through the NAKIVO Easy Switch program, enabling businesses to give up their current VM data protection product and get the same number of NAKIVO Backup & Replication licenses for free while reducing maintenance by up to 50%.
- Supported the VMware community by providing VMUG members, vExperts, VCPs, and VCIs with free Not For Resale licenses for NAKIVO Backup & Replication.
- Enabled Bradburys Ltd. - one of the largest cheese distributors in United Kingdom - to reduce recovery time from 12 hours to 10 minutes.
- Enabled Acorn Fasteners Ltd. – an industry-leading manufacturing company in United Kingdom –to reduce VM disaster recovery time by 96%.
- Enabled GRW - the leading road tanker manufacturer in South Africa - recover files and VMs 60X faster.
- Enabled Branch Manufacturing in Minnesota to reduce VMware backup costs by 60%.
- v2 Free Edition enabled ad-hoc backups of running VMs for operational, archival, and portability purposes.
- v3 introduced file recovery from local, remote and cloud-based VM backups, single click integration with Amazon, and advanced reporting.
- v3.2 featured vCloud Director Support, network acceleration, along with support for RHEL and SLES Linux.
- v3.5 added staged replication and repository mapping for the reuse of backups and replicas. The Free edition has been updated to enable archiving to cloud.
- v3.7 provided support for Linux LVM and Windows dynamic discs for file recovery as well as featured improved performance and reliability.
- v3.8 introduced vSphere 5.5 Support and backup repository Self-Healing.
- v3.9 Beta enabled early testing of Multi-Tenancy and Self-Service by cloud service providers planning to offer Backup-as-a-Service for VMware Environments.
- NAKIVO has opened a new office in Singapore – which is the financial, technological, and trade hub of Asia - to support the strong and growing demand for VM data protection software in the region.
- NAKIVO has been named to "The Top 50 Companies to Watch Out For" by Channel World.
- NAKIVO has been named a 2013 Emerging Technology Vendor by CRN.
"2013 has been a great year for NAKIVO," said Bruce Talley, CEO and co-founder of NAKIVO. "We are pleased with the unprecedented demand for NAKIVO by Cloud Service Providers and SMB customers worldwide, and we’re looking forward to achieving more in 2014."
"Our previous VMware backup and replication product was inefficient and consumed both our time and our customers’ time," said Tom Arentsen, a VMware Certified Design Expert and the IT Director at Host Ventura. "In our evaluation, NAKIVO Backup & Replication came out on top with the highest VM backup performance and job completion reliability, while providing a much more intuitive user interface and all this at a lower overall price point."
"With our old solution, VM backups often failed and required manual intervention to complete successfully," said Dan Long, MIS Director at Branch Manufacturing. "With NAKIVO Backup & Replication, my backup jobs are always successful. It just works! NAKIVO Backup & Replication has reduced our overall virtualization data protection costs by 60%."
"In the past, we worked with another VM backup solution, but it required us to spend about 30 hours per month to manage and maintain the system and did not support vCloud Director," said Primoz Lah, CTO at RvO. "We evaluated the other leading third party VMware backup solution on the market, and selected NAKIVO Backup & Replication due to its low maintenance, high reliability, performance and superior customer usability."
"We are excited to work with NAKIVO to distribute their data protection solution through our partner network," said Matt Goodman, Sales Manager, MPA Systems. "With NAKIVO Backup & Replication, we are now able to deliver the easiest-to-use, feature rich solution that enables the protection and recovery of VMs locally, offsite, and with public clouds."
"We have evaluated the leading data protection offerings available on the market," said Alonso Satomayor, CEO at UPM. "From the price to value perspective, NAKIVO Backup & Replication beat every other product we have tried, and we have tried all the leaders. We found that we could save 50%, while increasing backup and replication speed by 30%, and reducing time for configuring and managing data protection by 10X."
- Overview: /vmware-backup/
- Datasheet: nakivo-vm-backup-datasheet.pdf
- Cloud Backup: /partner/cloud-provider-program/backup-as-a-service/
- Success Stories: /customers/success-stories/
- Trial Download: /resources/download/trial-download/
NAKIVO is a US corporation founded in 2012. NAKIVO develops a fast, reliable, and affordable data protection solution for VMware, Hyper-V, and cloud environments. Over 10,000 companies are using NAKIVO Backup & Replication to protect and recover their data more efficiently and cost-effectively, while over 180 hosting, managed, and cloud service providers are using NAKIVO’s software to deliver VM BaaS and DRaaS to their customers. NAKIVO has a global presence with over 2,300 channel partners in 124 countries worldwide. Visit www.nakivo.com to learn more.
Follow us on Twitter: @NAKIVO
Connect on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NakivoInc
Join us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/nakivo
Contact us: Yana Petrenko, MarCom Manager / email@example.com / +1 408 916 5955