NAKIVO Launches v4 Beta with Microsoft Exchange Objects Recovery
The v4 Beta of NAKIVO Backup & Replication was released today enabling early testing of VM backup verification, recovery of Exchange objects directly from VMware VM backups, as well as Exchange log truncation.
Campbell, CA, United States — March 24, 2014
NAKIVO Inc., the fastest-growing virtualization data protection company, has announced today the launch of the v4 open Beta Program. NAKIVO invites VMware professionals to try the new features of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v4 Beta: VM backup verification, Exchange objects recovery, and Exchange log truncation. All Beta Program participants completing the Beta Program participation requirements will be rewarded with an Amazon gift card. More details and v4 Beta download are available at www.nakivo.com.
NEW BETA FEATURES
With backup verification, the product checks VM backups at the block level and ensures that the data written to the backup repository is identical to the data that was read from the source VM, thus verifying that application objects, files, and the entire VM can be recovered.
Instant Exchange Objects Recovery
NAKIVO Backup & Replication v4 Beta enables browsing, searching, and recovering MS Exchange objects – such as emails – directly from compressed and deduplicated VMware VM backups, without the need to restore the entire VM first. This feature is 100% agentless, works right out of the box, and does not require creating a special lab or run a special backup type (Exchange objects can be recovered even from existing NAKIVO backups created by previous versions of the product). In the v4 Beta, MS Exchange 2007 and 2010 versions are supported.
Exchange Log Truncation
Exchange Server database transaction logs record all changes to an Exchange Server database. Over time, these log files accumulate and can consume all of the available disk space, if not periodically removed. NAKIVO Backup & Replication v4 Beta provides the option to truncate Exchange Server logs after a successful backup. This feature is also purely agentless and works right out of the box.
CURRENT FEATURE SET
Built for virtualization, NAKIVO Backup & Replication is certified by VMware and offers a complete data protection feature set for virtualized environments of any size. The product features:
- Data Protection: Onsite and offsite VM backup and replication, support for live applications & databases
- Data Recovery: Granular and full VM recovery over LAN and WAN, replica rollback, DR with VM replicas
- Performance: Network acceleration, multi-threading, forever-incremental jobs, SAN support, CBT
- Storage space reduction: Global data deduplication, data compression
- Reliability: Full synthetic data storage, self-healing, auto job retries, self-protection
- Usability: Web UI, job grouping and bulk actions, email notifications, advanced reporting
- Cloud support: Single-click integration with Amazon Cloud, vCloud Director support
- Cost reduction: Agentless, built-in database, low resource utilization, Linux support, 2X to 4X lower price.
"By releasing this Beta with backup verification, Exchange objects recovery, and Exchange Log Truncation features we have reached an important milestone in our product evolution," said Bruce Talley, CEO and Co-Founder of NAKIVO. "This release will further accelerate our explosive growth in the virtualization market, and boost the number of SMB, enterprise, and Cloud Provider customers who rely upon NAKIVO Backup & Replication to protect their business-critical VMware data."
- Overview: /vmware-backup/
- Datasheet: nakivo-vm-backup-datasheet.pdf
- Cloud Backup: /partner/cloud-provider-program/backup-as-a-service/
- Success Stories: /customers/success-stories/
- Trial Download: /resources/download/trial-download/
NAKIVO is a US corporation founded in 2012. NAKIVO develops a fast, reliable, and affordable data protection solution for VMware, Hyper-V, and cloud environments. Over 10,000 companies are using NAKIVO Backup & Replication to protect and recover their data more efficiently and cost-effectively, while over 180 hosting, managed, and cloud service providers are using NAKIVO’s software to deliver VM BaaS and DRaaS to their customers. NAKIVO has a global presence with over 2,300 channel partners in 124 countries worldwide. Visit www.nakivo.com to learn more.
Follow us on Twitter: @NAKIVO
Connect on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NakivoInc
Join us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/nakivo
Contact us: Yana Petrenko, MarCom Manager / email@example.com / +1 408 916 5955