NAKIVO Grows Revenue by 353% in Europe
NAKIVO grew revenue by 353% in Q2 2014 over Q2 2013 in Europe with significant wins over competitors in the cloud and virtualization backup market.
Campbell, CA, United States — August 18, 2014
NAKIVO Inc., the fastest growing virtualization and cloud backup software company for VMware environments, today announced aggressive quarterly year-over-year growth results for the European region as cloud service providers, enterprises, and SMBs seek a fast, reliable, and affordable ESXi and cloud backup software for their VMware environments. In Q2 2014, the total revenue in Europe grew by 353%, while the number of new European customers increased by 338% compared to Q2 2013. This also marks the 6th consecutive quarter of strong revenue growth for the company across the region.
Tweet This: @NAKIVO grows Revenue by 353% in Europe.
Named one of the top 10 coolest storage startups of 2014 by CRN, NAKIVO is delivering a new way for customers to backup and replicate their VMware infrastructure more reliably, efficiently, and cost-effectively. In Q2 2014, NAKIVO has achieved the following results in Europe:
- Grew 353% since a strong Q2 2013, demonstrating rapid customer adoption and fast pace growth in the virtualization and cloud backup market for cloud service providers, enterprises, and SMBs.
- Gained more than 56% of its new customers from Europe.
- Won European customers for the first time in Greece, Norway, and Portugal.
- Increased the number of European customers in Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.
- Grew Solution Provider program to 290 VMware Solution Providers from 29 European countries.
- Further expanded into the Norwegian market by adding Exigo AS in Norway as a NAKIVO authorized reseller.
- Further expanded into the Swedish market by adding Webland AB in Sweden as a NAKIVO authorized reseller.
- Further expanded into the German market by adding Movetech Systemberatung in Germany as a NAKIVO authorized reseller.
- Further expanded into the Benelux market by adding SPEYK in the Netherlands as a NAKIVO authorized cloud service provider.
- Further expanded into the German-speaking market by adding Pawaq GmbH in Austria as a NAKIVO authorized cloud service provider.
- Released v4 of NAKIVO Backup & Replication featuring Microsoft Exchange Objects Recovery and Backup Verification.
- Updated the Free edition in v4 of NAKIVO Backup & Replication to enable Exchange Objects Recovery and Backup Verification.
"Building upon the strong success of our distributors, resellers and cloud service providers across Europe, NAKIVO added significantly more customers and increased revenue in Europe for Q2," said Bruce Talley, CEO and co-founder of NAKIVO. "Within the virtualization and cloud backup market, NAKIVO Backup & Replication for VMware vSphere environments gained additional customers at an unprecedented rate driven largely by demand from Cloud Service Providers and SMB customers."
"As a virtualization solutions provider in Norway, we evaluated the leading cloud and virtualization backup solutions in the market. We found that NAKIVO had 40% better performance, all the features that we expected, and was the easiest product for our customer to use." Eystein Løkken, Senior Manager, Exigo AS. "Since selecting NAKIVO Backup & Replication, we have installed NAKIVO within multiple customer locations and each customer has been pleased with its ease of use, and overall product performance."
- Overview: /vmware-backup/
- Datasheet: nakivo-vm-backup-datasheet.pdf
- Cloud Backup: /partner/cloud-provider-program/backup-as-a-service/
- Success Stories: /customers/success-stories/
- Trial Download: /resources/download/trial-download/
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, NAKIVO is a privately-held software company that has been profitable since founding in 2012. With more than 3,300 customers - including many Fortune 1,000 companies - and over 500 channel partners across 70 countries worldwide, NAKIVO develops and markets a line of next generation data protection products for clouds and VMware virtualized environments. NAKIVO provides a fast, reliable, and affordable VM backup and replication solution for enabling SMBs and enterprises to protect and recover VM data onsite, offsite, and to the cloud. NAKIVO has also enabled over 50 hosting, managed, and cloud services providers to create and offer VM Backup-as-a-Service, Replication-as-a-Service, and DR-as-a-Service to their customers. NAKIVO was the first virtualization backup specialist to offer SMBs cloud backup to public clouds such as Amazon and multi-tenancy to cloud service providers and enterprise customers. For more information, please visit www.nakivo.com.
Follow us on Twitter: @NAKIVO
Connect on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NakivoInc
Join us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/nakivo
Contact us: Yana Petrenko, MarCom Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org / +1 408 916 5955