NAKIVO more than Doubles Quarterly Revenue in Europe
NAKIVO more than doubles revenue in Q3 2013 over Q2 2013 in Europe with significant wins in the VM backup and replication market from cloud service providers and SMB customers.
Campbell, CA, United States — November 25, 2013
NAKIVO Inc., #1 VM data protection software provider, today announced aggressive quarter-over-quarter growth results for the European region as SMBs and cloud service providers seek reliable, intuitive and affordable ESXi backup and replication software for their VMware vSphere environments. In Q3 2013, total revenue in Europe grew by 167 percent, while new European customers increased by 165 percent compared to the previous quarter, Q2 2013. This also marks the 3rd consecutive quarter of strong revenue growth for the company across the region.
Tweet This: @NAKIVO Quarterly Growth Doubles in Q3.
As the youngest company to be named an "Emerging Vendor 2013" by CRN, NAKIVO is delivering a new way for customers to backup and replicate their VMware infrastructure more reliably, efficiently, and cost effectively. In Q3 2013, NAKIVO has achieved the following results in Europe:
- More than doubled revenue since a strong Q2 2013, demonstrating rapid customer adoption and fast pace growth in the VM backup and replication market for cloud service providers and SMBs.
- Expanded beyond North America with more than 48% of its new customers in Europe.
- Won European customers for the first time in Bulgaria, Cyprus and Sweden.
- Increased its number of European customers in Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.
- Further expanded into the Turkish market the by adding E-Data Technology in Istanbul as a NAKIVO authorized distributor.
- Continued expansion into the Swiss market by adding Alltron as a NAKIVO authorized distributor.
- Introduced Cloud Provider Program with per-VM Licensing to enable Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS), Replication-as-a-Service (RaaS), and Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) for Managed Services, Cloud, and Hosting Providers.
- Enabled RvO - a leading cloud services provider in Europe - to reduce its VM Backup-as-a-Service costs by 40%.
- Helped Host Ventura - a Cloud Provider in Bulgaria - to reduce client ESXi backup time by 30%.
- Released v3.2 of NAKIVO Backup & Replication featuring vCloud Director support, network acceleration, along with support for RHEL and SLES Linux.
- Released NAKIVO Backup & Replication v3.5 featuring staged replication and repository mapping for the reuse of backups and replicas.
- Updated the Free edition in v3.5 of NAKIVO Backup & Replication to enable archiving to cloud.
- Announced v4.0 coming in Q4 with multi-tenancy, self-service and Exchange object level recovery.
"European-based cloud service providers helped to accelerate our growth in Q3, building upon the strong success of our distributors and resellers across Europe," said Bruce Talley, CEO and co-founder of NAKIVO. "We are pleased with the strong demand for NAKIVO by European Cloud Service Providers and SMB customers who have recognized the tremendous value and benefits delivered by NAKIVO Backup & Replication in their VMware vSphere environments."
"In the past, we worked with another VM backup solution, but it required us to spend about 30 hours per month to manage and maintain the system, and did not support vCloud Director," said Primoz Lah, CTO at RvO. "We evaluated the other leading third party VMware backup solutions on the market, and selected NAKIVO Backup & Replication due to its low maintenance, high reliability, performance and superior customer usability."
"Our previous VMware backup and replication product was inefficient and consumed both our time and our customers' time," said Tom Arentsen, a VMware Certified Design Expert and the IT Director at Host Ventura. "In our evaluation, NAKIVO Backup & Replication came out on top with the highest VM backup performance and job completion reliability, while providing a much more intuitive user interface, and all this at a lower overall price point."
- Overview: /vmware-backup/
- Datasheet: nakivo-vm-backup-datasheet.pdf
- Cloud Backup: /partner/cloud-provider-program/backup-as-a-service/
- Success Stories: /customers/success-stories/
- Trial Download: /resources/download/trial-download/
Founded in 2012, NAKIVO is a privately-held company that has been profitable since inception. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, NAKIVO has offices in Europe and Asia. NAKIVO develops and markets a line of next generation data protection products for VMware vSphere virtualized environments with live applications & databases including Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Oracle. NAKIVO provides the most intuitive, fast, and affordable VM backup and replication solution enabling SMBs to protect, encrypt, compress and deduplicate data both onsite with local storage and offsite with public clouds. NAKIVO is focused on customer feedback and innovation to deliver the most advanced technology for reducing customer ESXi recovery time objectives (RTO) and recovery point objectives (RPO), while also delivering the most cost effective VM backup to cloud solution with support for leading storage cloud providers including Amazon. For more information, please visit www.nakivo.com.
Follow us on Twitter: @NAKIVO
Connect on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NakivoInc
Join us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/nakivo
Contact us: Yana Petrenko, MarCom Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org / +1 408 916 5955