NAKIVO Provides Complimentary VM Backup with Exchange Objects Recovery and Backup Verification
NAKIVO updates the Free edition of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v4 to include Exchange objects recovery and backup verification features.
Campbell, CA, United States — May 7, 2014
NAKIVO Inc., the fastest-growing provider of virtualization data protection software, has announced today that it has added Microsoft Exchange objects recovery, Exchange Log Truncation, and backup verification features to the Free edition of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v4.
The updated edition provides a quick and easy way to make ad-hoc backups of running VMs for operational, archival, and portability purposes. VMs can be backed up locally, remotely over WAN, or to a cloud. This enables businesses to save VMs for long term storage due to legal or regulatory requirements or in order to prevent unintentional data loss before VM decommissioning.
The new features provide the ability to:
- Browse, search, and recover MS Exchange objects – such as emails – directly from compressed and deduplicated VMware VM backups, without the need to restore the entire VM first. This feature is purely agentless, works right out of the box, and does not require creating a special lab or run a special backup type (Exchange objects can be recovered even from existing NAKIVO backups created by previous versions of the product).
- Truncate Exchange Server logs (which otherwise accumulate and can consume all of the available disk space) after a successful backup. This feature is also purely agentless and works right out of the box.
- Verify VM backups in a backup repository at the block level, which ensures that the data written to the backup repository is identical to the data that was read from the source VM, thus verifying that application objects, files, and the entire VM can be recovered.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication v4 Free edition is available now at no cost and with no limitations on the number of hosts and VMs.
- Overview: /vmware-backup/
- Datasheet: nakivo-vm-backup-datasheet.pdf
- Cloud Backup: /partner/cloud-provider-program/backup-as-a-service/
- Success Stories: /customers/success-stories/
- Trial Download: /resources/download/trial-download/
NAKIVO is a US corporation founded in 2012. NAKIVO develops a fast, reliable, and affordable data protection solution for VMware, Hyper-V, and cloud environments. Over 10,000 companies are using NAKIVO Backup & Replication to protect and recover their data more efficiently and cost-effectively, while over 180 hosting, managed, and cloud service providers are using NAKIVO’s software to deliver VM BaaS and DRaaS to their customers. NAKIVO has a global presence with over 2,300 channel partners in 124 countries worldwide. Visit www.nakivo.com to learn more.
Follow us on Twitter: @NAKIVO
Connect on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NakivoInc
Join us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/nakivo
Contact us: Yana Petrenko, MarCom Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org / +1 408 916 5955