NAKIVO Becomes One of the World’s Fastest Growing Software Companies
NAKIVO more than doubles revenue in Q1 2013 over Q4 2012 with help from new distributors and resellers.
Campbell, CA, United States — April 2, 2013
NAKIVO Inc., #1 VM data protection software provider, has announced today the record momentum of NAKIVO Backup & Replication since launching the product in October 2012.
Having been named to "The Top 10 Startups" by CRN, NAKIVO is delivering a new way for customers to protect their VMware infrastructure more reliably, efficiently and cost effectively. NAKIVO enables small and medium business to better respond to unexpected situations, automatically protect new VMs, and recover files from local and cloud based VM backups while better protecting their business with VM backup locally, offsite and in cloud.
In Q1 2013, NAKIVO has:
- More than doubled revenue since a strong and profitable Q4 2012, making NAKIVO one of the world’s fastest growing software companies.
- Further expanded into the US, Europe, and Asian markets by appointing 4 new distributors: Lifeboat Distribution in United States, Ai Virtualisation in United Kingdom, Zero One Technology in Taiwan, and αVad in Greece.
- Increased its Partner Program to over 160 resellers across the US, South America, Europe, Africa, Middle-East, and Asia.
- Opened a new office in Singapore – which is the financial, technological, and trade hub of Asia - to support the strong and growing demand for VM data protection software in the region.
- Been named to "The Top 50 Companies to Watch Out For" by Channel World.
- Experienced dramatic growth in the number of visitors to its website. According to Alexa - the leading provider of free, global web metrics – NAKIVO’s website has jumped from #1.7M to the #470,000 most popular website worldwide.
- Released NAKIVO Backup & Replication v2 Free Edition enabling ad-hoc backups of running VMs for operational, archival, and portability purposes.
- Released NAKIVO Backup & Replication v3 featuring file recovery from local, remote and cloud-based VM backups, single click integration with Amazon, and advanced reporting. Building upon being 1st to market with VM backup to public clouds with version v1.
- Introduced a Trade In program which allowed Veeam, vRanger, AppAssure, and PHD Virtual customers to trade in their current licenses and get the same number of NAKIVO Backup & Replication licenses for free while reducing maintenance by up to 50%.
- Introduced an NFR program to support the VMware community by providing VMUG members, vExperts, VCPs, and VCIs with free NAKIVO Backup & Replication licenses.
"As awareness grows worldwide, we are experiencing accelerating demand for our VM backup solutions," said Bruce Talley, CEO and co-founder of NAKIVO. "We are excited that VMware professionals all over the globe have recognized the tremendous value and benefits delivered by NAKIVO Backup & Replication in their VMware environments."
"With NAKIVO Backup & Replication, VM and file recovery is 60X faster than our previous solution, enabling us to have greater overall uptime while also replicating our VMs more frequently to meet shorter recovery point objectives." Milko Mihov, IT manager, GRW.
"We have evaluated the leading data protection offerings available on the market," said Alonso Satomayor, CEO at UPM. "From the price to value perspective, NAKIVO Backup & Replication beat every other product we have tried, and we have tried all the leaders. We found that we could save 50%, while increasing backup and replication speed by 30%, and reducing time for configuring and managing data protection by 10X."
"Speed and cost of recovery from a complete disaster was always a worry," said Jim, Rankin, Strategic Project Manager. "The business needs to be online 24/7 and can't afford downtime; the existing data protection solution was unable to fulfill these requirements. NAKIVO Backup & Replication has helped Acorn Fasteners reduce predicted downtime from 1 week to just 4 hours in the event of a complete disaster."
"NAKIVO helped us to reduce our recovery time from 12 Hours to 10 Minutes. We evaluated other leading VM backup and disaster recovery solutions but selected NAKIVO Backup & Replication for its ability to deliver a 2X to 8X greater ROI versus other available offerings. The unique combination of price, performance, and time saving functionality made NAKIVO Backup & Replication the clear winner for protecting our business critical applications and services," said Greg Buccheri, IT Manager at Bradburys Cheese.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, California NAKIVO is a privately-held company that develops and markets a line of next generation data protection products for VMware virtualized environments with live applications & databases including Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Oracle. NAKIVO provides the most intuitive, fast, and affordable VM backup and replication solution enabling SMBs to protect, encrypt, compress and de-duplicate data both onsite with local storage and offsite with public clouds. NAKIVO is focused on customer feedback and innovation to deliver the most advanced technology for reducing customer VM recovery time objectives (RTO) and recovery point objectives (RPO), while also delivering the most cost effective VM backup to cloud solution with support for leading storage cloud providers including Amazon and Dropbox. For more information, please visit www.nakivo.com.
©NAKIVO and NAKIVO Transporter are trademarks or registered trademarks of NAKIVO, Inc. Other trade names or words used in this document are the properties of their respective owners.
- Overview: /vmware-backup/
- Datasheet: nakivo-vm-backup-datasheet.pdf
- Cloud Backup: /partner/cloud-provider-program/backup-as-a-service/
- Success Stories: /customers/success-stories/
- Trial Download: /resources/download/trial-download/
Media Relations Manager, NAKIVO
+1 408 916 5955