NAKIVO Announces Support for vSphere 6.5 and Adds Skip Swap File in the Upcoming v7
Scheduled for release in Q1 2017, the upcoming NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7 will provide support for VMware vSphere 6.5 as well as add the skip swap file feature for VM backup and replication.
Campbell, CA, United States — January 17, 2017
NAKIVO Inc., one of the fastest-growing virtualization and cloud backup software companies, today announced a subset of new features that will be available in the upcoming NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7:
- Support for vSphere v6.5: NAKIVO Backup & Replication stays up to date with industry releases and the upcoming v7 will support VMware vSphere v6.5 for VM backup, replication, and recovery.
- Skip swap file: Swap files store temporary data that is not in use by RAM, and can consume gigabytes of disk space. Since the contents of the swap files are constantly changing, this means that the swap file data is transferred and stored with each backup. Skipping swap files can help reduce backup time and backup size. By default, v7 is set to automatically skip swap files in Windows-based and Linux-based VMs to improve VM backup performance and reduce storage space.
- Hyper-V backup and replication: v7 will extend the hypervisor support to Microsoft Hyper-V and will provide backup, replication, and recovery for Hyper-V 2016 and 2012 VMs
Registration for v7 Beta is available at /hyper-v-backup/
We are committed to providing timely updates for NAKIVO Backup & Replication and ensuring that our product supports the latest versions of hypervisors," said Bruce Talley, CEO and co-founder of NAKIVO. “The new version will also provide our customers with great features to improve VM backup performance, manageability, and recovery time."
- Success Stories: /customers/success-stories/
- Datasheet for VMware: nakivo-vm-backup-datasheet.pdf
- Trial Download: /resources/download/trial-download/
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, NAKIVO Inc. is a privately-held company founded in 2012. NAKIVO develops a fast, reliable, and affordable data protection solution for virtualized and cloud environments. Over 10,000 companies are using NAKIVO Backup & Replication to protect and recover their data more efficiently and cost-effectively. Also, over 100 hosting, managed, and cloud services providers are using NAKIVO to deliver VM BaaS, and DRaaS to their customers. NAKIVO has a global presence with over 1,500 channel partners in 115 countries worldwide. Visit www.nakivo.com to learn more.
Contact: Yana Petrenko, MarCom Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org / +1 408 916 5955