Click Configuration in the upper right corner of the product.To add Hyper-V servers to the product, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Inventory tab and click Add New.
- Click Microsoft Hyper-V host or cluster in the pop-up that appears:
- Fill out the fields as follows:
- Display name: Type a name for the host that will be displayed in the inventory
Type: select whether you want to add a standalone Hyper-V server or a cluster
For Hyper-V Failover Clusters, it's enough to add any cluster member by an IP address or the domain name. The list of cluster members will be retrieved automatically.
- Hostname or IP: Specify the hostname or IP address of the Hyper-V server.
Username and Password: Specify credentials of the Hyper-V server that you want to add to the inventory.
The credentials you specify should have full administrative privileges to the Hyper-V server
WS MAN port: Specify the port number for WS MAN
- Click Add.
After the process has completed successfully, you can exit Configuration and create jobs with the newly discovered VMs.
When adding a new Hyper-V server to the inventory, NAKIVO Backup & Replication will automatically install the Transporter service onto the server. This service will be used to read data from source VMs during backup and replication.