NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.2 Enables AWS EC2 Backup
NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.2 enables backup, replication, and recovery of paid EC2 instances sold through AWS Marketplace.
Campbell, CA, United States — October 13, 2016
NAKIVO Inc., one of the fastest-growing virtualization and cloud backup software companies for VMware and AWS EC2 environments, today announced that it has released NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.2. The new version provides full support for paid AWS EC2 instances, sold through AWS Marketplace.
Tweet this: NAKIVO Releases v6.2 for AWS EC2 Backup
NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.2 provides a simple, reliable, and affordable way to protect and recover AWS EC2 instances:
- Native AWS EC2 instance replication: NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.2 can create and maintain identical copies of AWS EC2 instances. The replicated AWS EC2 instances can be powered on at any time for a near-instant disaster recovery.
- Native AWS EC2 instance backup: NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.2 can perform a complete backup of AWS EC2 instances and their data stored on EBS volumes.
- Cross-region backup: AWS EC2 instances can be backed up to the same AWS region, a different AWS region, or to an on-premises location.
- Cross-account backup: AWS EC2 instances can be backed up cross accounts, so if primary account credentials are compromised, a copy of EC2 instance backups remains intact on a different AWS account.
- Application-aware backups: By default, AWS EC2 backups are application-aware and contain consistent data of Windows-based and Linux-based EC2 instances.
- Global data deduplication: All AWS EC2 backups are automatically deduplicated at the block level. The data is further compressed to reduce the amount of used disk space.
- Instant application object recovery: Microsoft Exchange objects (such as emails), and Microsoft Active Directory objects (such as users) can be instantly recovered directly from compressed and deduplicated AWS EC2 instance backups.
- Instant file recovery: Files and folders of Windows-based and Linux-based AWS EC2 instances can be instantly recovered directly from compressed and deduplicated AWS EC2 instance backups.
"Today we are excited to release the new NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.2," said Bruce Talley, CEO and co-founder of NAKIVO. "NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.2 will enable our customers to backup, replicate, and recover paid EC2 instances through AWS Marketplace more efficiently and cost-effectively."
NAKIVO Backup & Replication is VMware-certified, purely agentless, can be installed on Linux and Windows, deployed as a pre-configured VMware Virtual Appliance and AWS Amazon Machine Image, and can also be installed directly on Synology NAS to create a high-performance VM backup appliance. NAKIVO Backup & Replication has a simple and intuitive Web interface, supports live applications and databases, provides instant recovery of VMs, files, and application objects directly from compressed and deduplicated backups, speeds up data transfer with network acceleration, and reduces data size with global deduplication and compression.
- Success Stories: /success-stories/
- Datasheet for VMware: nakivo-vm-backup-datasheet.pdf
- Trial Download: /resources/download/trial-download/
NAKIVO is a US corporation founded in 2012. NAKIVO develops a fast, reliable, and affordable data protection solution for VMware, Hyper-V, and cloud environments. Over 10,000 companies are using NAKIVO Backup & Replication to protect and recover their data more efficiently and cost-effectively, while over 180 hosting, managed, and cloud service providers are using NAKIVO’s software to deliver VM BaaS and DRaaS to their customers. NAKIVO has a global presence with over 2,300 channel partners in 124 countries worldwide. Visit www.nakivo.com to learn more.
Follow us on Twitter: @NAKIVO
Connect on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NakivoInc
Join us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/nakivo
Contact us: Yana Petrenko, MarCom Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org / +1 408 916 5955