NAKIVO Launches v6.1 Beta with Cool New Features for VMware Backup and Recovery
NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.1 Beta provides cool new features, including instant object recovery for Microsoft Exchange 2016/2013, Microsoft Exchange 2016/2013 Log Truncation, HotAdd for fast LAN-free VM backup and replication, job chaining, as well as performance and reliability improvements.
Campbell, CA, United States — July 5, 2016
NAKIVO Inc., one of the fastest-growing virtualization and cloud backup software companies for VMware and Amazon AWS environments, today announced that it has started an open Beta program for NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.1. All Beta program participants completing the program requirements will receive an Amazon gift card. More details and v6.1 Beta download are available at /resources/download/trial-download/.
- Instant Object Recovery for Microsoft Exchange 2016 and 2013: NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.1 Beta enables browsing, searching, and recovering MS Exchange 2016 and 2013 objects – such as emails – directly from compressed and deduplicated VMware VM backups, without the need to restore the entire VM first. This feature is purely agentless, works right out of the box, and does not require creating a special lab or running a special backup type.
- Microsoft Exchange 2016 and 2013 Log Truncation: Exchange Server database transaction logs record all changes to an Exchange Server database. Over time, these log files accumulate and can consume all of the available disk space, if not periodically removed. NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.1 Beta provides an option to truncate logs of Microsoft Exchange 2016 and 2013 after a successful backup.
- HotAdd: The new HotAdd feature enables writing VM data directly from/to the VM datastore, bypassing the network. NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.1 Beta automatically uses HotAdd in order to offload production LAN from the data protection traffic and to increase the data transfer speed.
- Job Chaining: NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.1 Beta extends the job scheduling functionality by introducing job chaining. With this feature, a job can finish its tasks and then trigger another job in a chain. This way, for example, it’s easy to set up a chain where a VM backup job saves data locally, and then triggers a Backup Copy jobs that sends backup copies to Amazon Cloud.
Current Feature Set
NAKIVO is delivering a better way for SMBs, enterprises, and cloud providers to back up and replicate their VMware VMs and Amazon EC2 instances. Featuring a simple and intuitive Web interface, NAKIVO Backup & Replication supports live applications and databases, provides backup copy to cloud, enables instant recovery of VMs, files, and application objects directly from compressed and deduplicated backups, speeds up data transfer with network acceleration, and reduces data size with global deduplication and compression.
"Today we are excited to introduce an open Beta program for NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6.1," said Bruce Talley, CEO and co-founder of NAKIVO. "The new Beta version provides features that were requested by our customers and further improves VM data protection and recovery. We are inviting VMware professionals to try the new v6.1 Beta and help us make NAKIVO Backup & Replication even better."
- Success Stories: /customers/success-stories/
- Datasheet for VMware: nakivo-vm-backup-datasheet.pdf
- Trial Download: /resources/download/trial-download/
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, NAKIVO Inc. is a privately-held company founded in 2012. NAKIVO develops a fast, reliable, and affordable data protection solution for VMware and cloud environments. As of Q1 2016, over 13,000 companies are using NAKIVO Backup & Replication to protect and recover their data more efficiently and cost effectively. Also, over 120 hosting, managed, and cloud services providers are using NAKIVO to deliver VM BaaS, and DRaaS to their customers. NAKIVO has a global presence with over 1,100 channel partners in 112 countries worldwide. Visit www.nakivo.com to learn more.
Contact: Yana Petrenko, MarCom Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org / +1 408 916 5955