Try VM Backup Copy and Other New Features in v6 Beta
Sergei Serdyuk, posted on February 5, 2016
NAKIVO Backup & Replication v6 Beta is out! You are welcome to join the Beta Program and try VM Backup Copy and other new features in your environment. All Beta Program participants completing the requirements will receive an Amazon gift card!
Here are the new features in v6 Beta:
- Amazon EC2 support: v6 Beta provides native backup and replication of AWS EC2 instances.
- Backup copy jobs: A new job type that enables copying backups between backup repositories.
- New web interface: Cleaner dashboards with live job speed indication and in place data editing.
- VMs and Templates view: The vSphere “VMs and Templates” view for job wizard.
- Native NFS support: Backup repositories can be created on NFS shares directly from the web UI.
- Regional options: Date/time format, first day of the week, and decimal symbol can be customized.
All of the new features are designed to work out of the box and do not require complex configuration. We keep improving the simplicity of NAKIVO Backup & Replication and we hope that v6 will provide even more value to you.
Backup Copy Jobs
Backup copy jobs send backups from one backup repository to another. The secondary backup repository can reside locally, offsite, or in a cloud. Backup copy jobs can run on schedule, and use the original or a custom retention policy.
New Web Interface
The new web interface of v6 Beta was improved to provide more information on demand. It also includes live job speed statistics on Dashboard screen, in-place job settings editing, and enhanced Configuration screen.
VMs and Templates View
VMs and Templates view of VMware vSphere was added to the job wizard. You can protect an entire VM folder with a backup or replication job, and all new VMs that appear in this folder, will be added to the job automatically.
Native NFS Support
Now you can create a backup repository on an NFS share right from NAKIVO Backup & Replication web interface, without mounting the share manually. The feature is available for both Linux-based and Windows-based deployments.
You can adjust regional options, such as date/time format, first day of the week, and decimal sign. This improvement provides the ability to align NAKIVO Backup & Replication with nearly any locally adopted date and time standard.
Download and try NAKIVO Backup & Replication in your environment!